Ugborough is a medium sized Parish with 11 Councillors and situated in South Hams. The Parish Council is looking to appoint a part-time Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer.
Hours are flexible, but expected to be 10 per week. Salary will be on the Local Council scale LC2 (18-23), depending on experience.
The successful candidate will be an organised individual who can work independently, mainly from home, and attend monthly and other council meetings as required (currently our monthly meeting is the first Wednesday of the month in Ugborough Village Hall).
The role requires:
• Relevant skills for agenda setting and recording of minutes
• Good administration skills and accurate record keeping
• Computer literacy including proficiency in Word and Excel
• Preparation and monitoring of budgets and managing the Council’s assets and finances.
• Previous experience of working for a parish council or local authority would be an advantage but parish clerk training will be offered
For further information about the role, contact the current clerk, Sarah Woodman at email@example.com
Applications – please send a CV and covering email to Cllr Tim Slater at firstname.lastname@example.org