Main purposes of Role:
To carry out a varied range of day-to-day finance and general clerical support reporting to the Responsible Financial Officer.
• Record the financial transactions of the Council in accounting software
• Prepare payments to be approved by the Council including entering payments into Online banking and sending remittance advices once approved
• Undertake regular safety inspections of the Council’s play equipment and open spaces in Exminster settlement
• Maintain the Parish information recorded on the “Parish Online” system
• Maintain Parish Council notice boards in the settlements
• Provide support for holiday and sickness for the Parish Clerk and the Responsible Financial Officer
A copy of the job description and person specification are available on the Council’s website: https://www.exminsterparishcouncil.gov.uk/recruitment/
Vacancy salary: The starting hourly rate LC1 (SCP 7-12) is £12.63 with five annual increments, subject to satisfactory performance, can rise to £13.73.
Hours of work: 15-20 hours per week (minimum 60 hours per month and maximum of 80 hours per month)